Good attendance and punctuality are vital for success at school and to establish positive habits that are necessary for future success.
All parents / carers should promote good attendance and punctuality and work in partnership with the school.
School starts at 8.55am, gates open at 8.45am.
Through regular attendance pupils will:
- Build friendships
- Develop life skills
- Engage in essential learning and achieve their full potential
- They will attend school regularly.
- They will arrive on time, appropriately dressed and prepared for the day ahead.
- They will discuss with their parents or class teacher any issues which are affecting their attendance.
- They will encourage their child to attend school and support the school policies.
- They will contact the school office when their child is unable to attend.
- They will ensure that their child is appropriately dressed, taking into account the school's uniform policy and is well prepared for the day.
- Remember that they are responsible for getting their child into school.
- Will provide a safe learning environment.
- Will provide a sympathetic response to any child's or parent's concerns.
- Will keep regular and accurate records of attendance and punctuality.
- Will contact parents / carers when a child fails to attend and where no message has been received to explain the absence. Any unexplained absences will be followed up.
- Will encourage good attendance and punctuality through a system of rewards and recognition.
- Will refer irregular or unjustified patterns of attendance to Wirral Attendance Service.
When we raise attendance concerns, our aim is always to ensure that we are making a positive difference for your child.
Guidance for schools (Sept 22)