For September 2024
Group 3 School
ISR: L18 – 24
Due to the retirement of our highly respected and much loved headteacher, there is an opportunity for an inspirational, resilient and dedicated Catholic leader to be the next headteacher of Our Lady and St. Edward’s Catholic Primary School.
Our new headteacher will:
• Be a practising Catholic with a strong commitment to Catholic education and continuing to develop the Catholic life and ethos of our school
• Have significant, recent and successful senior leadership experience in a primary school with a strong school improvement knowledge and understanding
• Build on our well planned and rich curriculum to provide the best education and experience for our children, with high expectations of attainment and behaviour
• Be an inclusive and collaborative leader who has the ability to continue to motivate and inspire our experienced and dedicated staff
• Continue to promote strong partnerships with parents, governors, our parish and the wider community in North Birkenhead including the Cradle to Career partnership
• Be an enthusiastic, dedicated leader with clear vision and the excellent interpersonal skills to make the vision a reality
• A highly inclusive, popular and successful school set in heart of the community
• Happy children who love their school and all it offers to them
• A hard working, dedicated and highly skilled staff team
• Continued professional development for the headteacher and all school staff
• An experienced and knowledgeable governing board who are committed to supporting the school effectively
Pupils and children in the early years arrive at Our Lady and St Edward’s Primary School happy and keen to start their day. Staff greet them with a welcoming smile. Pupils and staff have positive relationshipswith each other.
Pupils enjoy their learning and all of the extra opportunities that are on offer. For example, they eagerly told inspectors about their recent work to help those in their local community who are not as fortunate as themselves. Pupils also shared their positive views about the different clubs that they can take part in, including yoga, chess and drama clubs.
Ofsted November 2022
Our Lady and St. Edward’s Catholic Primary School is an Outstanding School in providing Catholic education.
‘Parents spoke of the little things that make a difference and mentioned examples of how everyone shows genuine care for them and their children.’
‘Leaders and governors are totally committed to ensuring Christ is at the heart of daily life in the school.
Staff feel nurtured and supported by the inspirational senior leaders and therefore they fully embrace the Catholic life and mission.’
Denominational Inspection 2023
Our Lady and St. Edward’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to relevant pre-employment checks - 3 satisfactory references, including a Faith reference, verification of qualifications and eligibility to work in the UK as set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education, including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred-list check.
• Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
• By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance.
Only completed Catholic Education Service (CES) applications will be considered.
The application pack is available on the school website alongside notes to applicants and application
All completed applications to be submitted electronically to Julie English, Diocese of Shrewsbury Julie.English@dioceseofshrewsbury.org
We reserve the right to close the vacancies early if we receive sufficient applications for the roles.
Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office on 0151 652 3366 to arrange this.
Closing date: Monday, 18 March 2024 at Noon
Shortlisting date: Thursday, 21 March 2024
Interview Dates: Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 April 2024
495 Price Street, Birkenhead, Merseyside, CH41 8DU
Telephone: 0151-652 3366